Host Brian Copeland asked Zander Fryer, certified success coach and health and wellness entrepreneur, what it takes to build a successful business in something you are passionate about.
Fryer said there wasn’t a quick answer but he could offer some advice.
Here are a few tips:
- Take 100% accountability for everything in your life. Don’t blame others, you have the power to take action and make a change.
- Clarify your purpose/passion. What if you don’t know your passion? Fryer suggested writing down 20 things you love to do and then asking yourself why. Look for patterns in your answers!
- Start at the top. Value yourself! Don’t make the mistake of undervaluing your work because you are “just starting.” Fryer said this is a huge mistake and often leads people, even in careers they are passionate about, to burn out!
- Start with things that don’t scale. You do not need to build a huge brand right away to be successful. Fryer said 85,000 blogs can go up on the internet in a single month, yours is likely to just get lost in the shuffle. Instead, focus on personal connections. Fryer recommended reaching out one-on-one for the best results.
- Invest in mentorship. Fryer said 80 percent of entrepreneurs fail within their first 18 months, and the number one reason is improper or a lack of guidance. Find someone who has already succeeded and can share the “recipe for success.”
Listen to the full segment below.