Forecasters issued a red flag warning for Sunday night through Tuesday evening when gusty north winds and dry conditions are in store for the Bay Area.
The National Weather Service warns high winds could bring power outages, or topple trees and break off limbs.
The alert is scheduled for:
- 11pm Sunday – 5pm Tuesday for North Bay Mountains as well as East Bay hills and valleys
- 2am Monday – 5pm Tuesday for Santa Cruz Mountains, Interior San Benito, Monterey County Mountains and Santa Lucias
Be mindful as winds may reach 50 miles per hour. Here are the wind breakdowns:
- 35-45 mph in the East Bay Hills
- 35-50 mph in the Santa Cruz Mountains
- 10-20 mph (gusts of 25-25 mph) in the North Bay Mountains of coastal Sonoma and Marin
- 10-20 mph (gusts fo 25-35 mph) in the East Bay valley